Thursday, August 5, 2010

Here is Your Friday...


Alot of things come to mind upon the contemplation of Friday's definition: day of relief due to the coming weekend rest; a sort of breather from the week, another day of work for some, or my favorite: Day of preparation.


But why do I wait til this day to prepare for Sabbath? Sure I'm not off going crazy during the rest of the week, but I'm certainly not ALWAYS intune and the room of my heart is not always as clean as it should be. I will not pretend that I am perfect; I am not beholden to the world. Yet there are times when I feel I have a debt but am in the dark as to whom I need to pay. These are the days that come with clouds covering eyes and slowing steps with threat of failure.


On Fridays I feel most the results of this debt lifted. I remember I need not lean on my own strength, but on the everlasting arms of One who Knows and Loves me best. He knows everything about me and yet I continue in a state, bereft of knowledge concerning his character all because I do not take the time.


Naturally one will be drawn to have love for another who continually demonstrates love for them, and thus I had been drawn to claim my love for Christ. My desire is to continue to know Him better and to share what He has done in my life with others. Like preparing on Fridays for Sabbath, I want to start this semester with a clean slate, a clean heart, and a realization that Christ has already given me the victory: I just have to go out and claim it. Like the picture at the top, I don't want Christ to come and ask why my house/heart was clean last week but not this one. A shame that would be indeed...

No comments: