Monday, June 6, 2011

Well... will I?

Sometimes I just can't stop thinking. There is a legend that men have the ability to sometimes just sit and think about nothing: like, they have these moments when the women in their lives ask them "whatcha think'n about right now hon?" and they answer, "Nothing." AND THEY MEAN IT! But you see, women apparently don't understand that.

I for one have NEVER had a moment in my life when I was not thinking about something.

Yes, there are plenty of times when there is more quiet in my brain than craziness... But, there are also times like yesterday and today... or I should say since last night as I lay in bed tossing from the ceaseless pounding of my thoughts, and this morning... my mind racing over the many possibilities of failure or success that lay before me.

I think I just need to go running. Pound out the thoughts on the pavement. That usually helps... for a bit. So hopefully that and a combo of journaling and prayer should do the trick. God has seen me through so much stuff. I know it's true when they say we spend over half our time in life worrying over stuff that NEVER happens. I've gotta just surrender these thoughts over to Him. Even if that means doing it a thousand and TEN times today.

I'm just tired of my mind being a hamster on the wheel.

Ps: if a man ever says that to me, I hope not to prob him for his "actual" thoughts to the point where he has to make something up to satisfy my oblique curiosity. Instead, I aim to pat him on the back and congratulate him for something I'm simply unable to do.

3 comments:

Yolanda Suzanne Ocsai said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Yolanda Suzanne Ocsai said...

I heard that too . . . I wish us women were that talented!! haha!! Maybe one day . . . but you know I heard this one Radiolab podcast where a women had some sort of illness or something and woke one morning without those inner thoughts. She eventually got them back but said she misses the silence.

theInsideChange said...

Haha I know! ;) But until then I suppose we'll just have to keep mulit-tasking and loosing time! haha