Friday, March 18, 2011

"I get by with a little help from my friends..."

I just spent about 20 minutes throwing together this poster for my bro. He is on the SA team at GCA and they are apparently trying to raise money for Japan along with much of the US. You know, it never ceases to amaze me how quick young people and American people in general are to give to a good cause. I'm not saying this is bad, it just amazes me. Sometimes, I wonder what it would be like if we did a "Let's raise money for America" project... like for the national debt that we owe... I wonder where we get all the money from?

Please don't get me wrong: other countries desperately need help, and mercy, Japan needs it right now. But this just reminded me of a train of thought I had going on while in my Issues of Human Rights class the other day. I feel that sometimes, if the US would focus a bit more on solving the problems going on all around our own country, we might actually be able to better, and more EFFECTIVELY help other countries. Personally, I'd like to know what some of the problems actually ARE that we throw money at? That way, maybe we could actually come up with some solutions...

But, for now, here's another poster.


PS: I'm extremely proud of my brother. Couldn't be a better guy out there. At least, I haven't found one ;)

No comments: